20% of All Print & Book Sales will be donated to MEP during the month of October
In March 2018 I spent a week on safari with my family at Angama Mara. Tyler Davis (Angama’s Regional Director) invited me to join photographer Adam Bannister on visit to Mara Elephant Project Headquarters. What ensued was an incredible experience with MEP CEO Marc Goss. Since 2011, MEP’s mission is protecting elephants to conserve the greater Mara ecosystem and what I discovered during my visit, was that while poaching is down in MEP’s area of operation, human-elephant conflict is on the rise. In response, I was delighted to produce this video to help raise awareness of the ever growing human-elephant conflict in the greater Maasai Mara region and the innovative techniques and technologies MEP is deploying to mitigate it.
After spending time with Marc and the MEP rangers, I have decided to continue supporting their organisation by donating 20% of the proceeds of all elephant prints during the month of October.
PROTECTING ELEPHANTS TO CONSERVE THE GREATER MARA ECOSYSTEM
MARA ELEPHANT PROJECT:
- Protects elephants in the greater Mara ecosystem as a keystone species for conservation.
- Manages human-elephant conflict (HEC) by collaring and tracking elephant movement, deploying anti-poaching patrols and rapid response units.
- Uses innovative techniques and technologies to eliminate the illegal killing of elephants in collaboration with partners, landowners and government.
- Engages with local communities and other key stakeholders to inspire and advance conservation of all wildlife and the habitat upon which they depend.
- Works to achieve best land use practices throughout the greater Mara ecosystem resulting in a sustainable economic benefit for the communities and people of Kenya.